Sunday 29 December 2013

We all love Clover... allegedly


A short rant at patronising advertisers

I have just been informed via the medium of TV advertising that "We all love Clover." Frankly this news couldn't have come at a more inopportune time, as I await the return of the Carry on Film marathon and tuck into another lard and dripping sandwich.

I suppose the thing that grates most is the advertisers blinkered belief that watching a varied mix of gormless looking nutters crying at the mere thought of Clover is going to make us pile up the nearest Spar and stock up lest they sell out in the inevitable rampage.

(I can only apologise for the lack of punctuation in the last "sentence")

The only time I ever cry when I look at a sandwich is if the good lady has only given me 2 rounds instead of the minimum quantity 4, or if there is a distinct absence of meat (should these two blatant 'faux pas' ever coincide, I will get my first ever opportunity to use the word cataclysmic (apart from then of course)).

In summary if I served someone a jacket potato and they burst into tears, at the very least I would suggest a visit to the clinic sharpish - therefore for me at least the advert has failed.

Note to agency; keep the crying if you will but I propose the following changes - namely this scrolling message across the bottom of the screen, "Clover, it's yellow, it tastes like all the other shit on the market, it WILL make your heart weaker. Ta-daaaa."

That's enough frivolity, back to "Carry On Behind"

Rak yak yak yak.

No comments:

Post a Comment